Web Interface Walkthrough
eGeoffrey's web interface is one of the multiple ways to interact with eGeoffrey and setup its accommodation; through the web interface, you'll be able to address the following:
- See messages from eGeoffrey classified by criticality: information, warnings or, if it's something serious, alerts.
- Display metrics, pictures from webcams, a to-do list, appointments, etcetera you've told eGeoffrey to deal with in advance.
- Text eGeoffrey throughout the chatbot window.
- Extend eGeoffrey's functionality by adding extensions to its new and empty accommodation.
The three main parts of the web interface are:
- eGeoffrey reminds you what the name of your house (top left of the screen)
- date and time in the house's timezone (top center of the screen)
- notification messages classified by criticality (alerts, warnings info) and data recently collected by your sensors (top right of the screen). The content of any new notification generated by eGeoffrey will also show up in the top right corner of the screen. If you want the same for every new sensor's data, click on the checkbox just aside the chip icon.
- username currently logged in and its icon (top of the menu)
- icon (green if connected, red if disconnected) and eGeoffrey's gateway you are connected to
main menu, the place where you will explore everything eGeoffrey has to offer.
- "Welcome": introduction page explaining who eGeoffrey is and what he can do. Also include a chatbot at the bottom of the screen
- "Notifications": list of the most recent notifications
- "MY HOUSE": user-defined pages. Also includes links to default pages automatically added when installing a packages.
"ADMINISTRATION": admin pages (accessible only when logged in as an admin user) for configuring your house and eGeoffrey
"House": house-related settings
- "Settings": House configuration and User Management
- "Sensors": to list / edit configured sensors and add new sensors
- "Rules": to list / edit configured rules and add new rules
"eGeoffrey": eGeoffrey configuration
- "Packages": list installed packages and check if they are up to date
- "Modules": list installed modules, check if they are running, edit their configuration
- "Marketplace": access eGeoffrey's Marketplace for installing additional packages
- "Logs": eGeoffrey's logs
- "Database": eGeoffrey's database status and size
- "Gateway": get access to eGeoffrey's message bus
- "Advanced Editor": manually edit any eGeoffrey's YAML configuration files
- "Icons": icon library to select the name of an icon whenever this is requested by a configuration wizard
"Help": get help on eGeoffrey
- "Docs": access the docs website
- "Forum": access the forum
- "Developers": access the developer website
- main area where the page selected from the main menu will be loaded.
When connecting the interface you will be automatically logged in as
guest user (see the username in the top left of the screen).
If the one accessing the GUI is not someone eGeoffrey trusts (guest), it won't display that much info. However, if the one accessing is the owner of the house (admin), eGeoffrey will display all the information and will allow to change its accommodation to, potentially, provide additional services.
To log out of the currently connected user (e.g. guest), just click on the username in the top left of the screen, where an exit icon (the one with the arrow) shows up just aside your username.
The login screen request the user the following information:
- Gateway hostname, port and, if SSL is enabled (where is the gateway and how to connect to it): defaults are the IP address where eGeoffrey resides, port 443 and no SSL;
- House ID and Passcode (how to authenticate against the gateway): defaults are "house" without any password;
- Username and password (which web interface user to login to). By default the following two users are configured:
<no password>: guest user
admin: admin user