What is something went wrong and you don't see eGeoffrey coming to life? Here are some basic steps you can take to understand what has happened.
I cannot access the web interface after the installation
- Ensure the system where eGeoffrey has been installed is reachable (e.g. you can ping it)
- Ensure your browser is pointing to the right IP address (the one reported by the installation process is not necessarily the right one)
- Ensure there is no firewall running (
iptables -Lshould have not DROP/DENY lines)
- Ensure all eGeoffrey's components are correctly running by executing
egeoffrey-cli house statusfrom within the directory where eGeoffrey has been installed. Ensure all of them are in a "Up" status.
- Check if the GUI service is accessible by running
netstat -tunap |grep 80, you should see the port open and something listening on it (ensure you are not running other processes using port 80).
- Have a look at the logs. Those are in
data/egeoffrey/logs/egeoffrey.log. If the file is empty, you can run
egeoffrey-cli house logsto see live logs from the different components.
- If a specific service only is not in a "Up" status (e.g. "Restarting"), have a look at the logs of the specific component with e.g.
egeoffrey-cli house logs egeoffrey-gateway
The installation is taking too long
- The installation can take a while while several software packages have been downloaded and installed
- The installer logs everything into
/tmp/egeoffrey-installer.log, feel free to open a different session and monitor the file